1.24.2012

peanut butter + chocolate whoopie pies

Fun fact: two years ago today, I made my very first post on this blog!


Today, we're taking two old recipes and making something new: 
peanut butter + chocolate whoopie pies.

Start by mixing up a batch of batter for peanut butter cake.
The recipe as is will be perfect for 12 whoopie pies.


Fun fact #2: peanut butter + chocolate is one of the world's greatest combinations. EVER.


Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons batter  into each well of a whoopie pie pan,
or parchment paper covered baking sheet.
Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes. Let cool on the pan briefly, then transfer to a wire rack.


I took the easy route on the frosting: a simple box mix that you add butter and water to.
I also went easy on dispensing: fill frosting into a plastic bag and snip off a corner.


Swirl a healthy amount of frosting onto one inverted cake.

Top with another cake, mushing down the frosting.


Fun fact #3: Husband lost a bet with a student.
[The bet was for peanut butter cake.]


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make whoopie pies. These look great and a perfect size, too!

    Come check out the fruit tarts I just made.
    http://becauseofmadalene.blogspot.com/

    xo,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. I agree with you about peanut butter and chocolate. Can't resist!

    ReplyDelete